What we are
We are a premium early childhood service provider, we offer high teacher to child ratios and have an excellent local reputation for helping children to be fully prepared for School.
Our Vision is to “Free the child’spotential, and you will transform him into the World” Dr Maria Montessori.
What does this mean for my child?
• They are fully prepared for School • They have good social skills • They have confidence in their abilities • They respond positively to teacher direction • They become independent learners
At Ōrākei Montessori Preschool we are:
• Montessori focussed
• Nurturing & respectful
• Inclusive, appreciate diversity & child centred
• Creative, innovative & responsive
• Professional & ethical
- Having an environment dedicated to creating a community of caring individuals
- Encouraging a child’s natural love of learning.
- Promoting intellectual growth and academic excellence.
- Ensuring our Montessori values ethnic differences and supports economic diversity.
- Preparing each child to be adaptable and self-confident.
- Providing a broad based and diverse curriculum tailored to each child’s unique interests and strengths.
- Fostering independence.
Visit our parents page to get ideas for implementing Montessori principals at home
Term Dates 2019/20Term 3 end Friday 27 Sept 2019
Holiday Programme - Monday 7 Oct to Friday 11 Oct
Term 4 start Monday 14 Oct - finish Thurs 19 Dec
Holiday Programme - Monday 13 Jan to Friday 17 Jan
Term 1 2020 start Monday 20 Jan - finish Thursday 9 April
Holiday Programme - Monday 20 April to Friday 24 April
Term 2 start Tuesday 28 April - finish Friday 3 July
Holiday Programme - Monday 13 July to Friday 17 July
Term 3 start Monday 20 July - finish Friday 25 Sept
Holiday Programme - Monday 5 Oct to Friday 9
Term 4 start Monday 12 Oct - finish Friday 18 Dec
Special Events 2019
Shared Lunch (Chinese New Year) 1st March
Grandparents Lunch Thursday 13th March
Old MacDonald Farm visit to Montessori 9th April
Parents Evening Wednesday 8th May 7.30pm
Mothers Evening Picnic - 15th May
Trip to Auckland Museum - 17th June
Matariki celebration - 20th June
Parent/Teacher Meetings 30th Aug
Dad Fish & Chip Night - 5th Sept
Trip to YMCA Gym and Picnic - 25th Sept
Scary or Fairy Halloween Fundraising Party - 30th Oct
Christmas Party - Date to be arranged
A Montessori Preschool has been situated on our grounds since 1993, as from January 2016 Pauline Roberts (Head Teacher for the past 8 years) is now the new owner and team leaderr). Our trained and experienced teachers are committed to provide quality Montessori Education for children from 20 months to 6 years of age. Our warm and friendly environment includes two purpose built and fully equipped classrooms and an outdoor area set among mature native trees. We are licensed for 40 children per session and offer 20 hours of ECE subsidy from 3 years of age. We are a MANZ (Montessori Association of New Zealand) member school, our teachers attend MANZ conference each year to keep abreast of current best practice.
For more information about Montessori education please view our FAQ's page.
Our latest ERO Review from Novemebr 2017 is now available click here
The Report affirms the high quality of our teaching programme here at OMP.
Every week we have coaches from Playball visit us and work with our Tui Class children to improve their gross motor skills through fun games and activities. This activity is free for all Tui Class children.